When you stay at Fairmont Orchid in Kamuela, you'll be in the historical district, within a 15-minute drive of Hapuna Beach State Park and Waikoloa Beach Golf Course. This 4.5-star resort is 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from Waialea Beach and 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from Mauna Kea Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 540 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Rooms have private lanais. Cable programming and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can get some exercise with a round of golf or enjoy a lazy day at the private beach. This resort also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and an arcade/game room.
Enjoy international cuisine at Hale Kai Restaurant, one of the resort's 4 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/cafe. Relax with a refreshing drink at the bar/lounge, the beach bar, or one of 2 bars/lounges. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 600 AM to 1030 AM for a fee.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a business center, and limo/town car service. Free self parking is available onsite.
This resort's spectacular scenery, including gorgeous waterfalls and sweeping oceanfront views, provides an unforgettable backdrop to any special event. A sense of magic and romance surrounds you as you enjoy the sunsets, experience luxury service, and explore this breathtaking island paradise.
Sample Wedding Package
- Turtle Pointe - Along the peppered shoreline of black and white coral, this breathtaking setting boasts panoramic site of the ocean, resort and summits of the Kohala Mountains, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa.
- Coconut Grove - Host your Hawaii beach wedding in a sandy coconut grove with towering palms overhead. Adjacent to the ancient Keanapou fish pond, this site also features swaying palms and glowing tiki torches.
- Kilohana Room & Garden - Offering sweeping sunset views of the Kona resort, this indoor/outdoor function space is the ideal location for your reception at The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii. Shuttered doors open to a private lanai and grassy area surrounded by tiki torches, perfect for cocktails before moving inside to your wedding dinner. With a built-in wooden dance floor and seating for up to 80, this beautiful room is located just steps from the lobby.
- Plantation Estates - Stately palms enclose this rectangular lawn area with a view of the 9th and 10th fairways of the Francis H. I'i Brown north golf course and the ocean beyond. A raised natural stage is perfect for the head table or band. This wedding site offers privacy yet is just a short walk to the lobby area and adjacent to the Tennis Pavilion.
- The Courtyard Lanai - On the garden level beneath the Lobby, this courtyard features sculpted tile and railings and overlooks an open lawn as well as the hotel's 10,000 square-foot pool and the ocean beyond.
- Wailana Gardens - An intimate, serene setting next to flowing waterfalls, lush gardens and mature palm trees. Offering spacious room for a buffet and tables near the South Tower.
- Outdoor pool
- Hair salon
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms -
- Number of floors -
- Conference space
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Spa tub
- Arcade/game room
- Coffee shop or caf?
- Health club
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Picnic area
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Limo or Town Car service available
- On private beach
- Full-service spa
- Meeting rooms
- Steam room
- Wedding services
- Express check-in
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Number of restaurants -
- Golf course on site
- Tennis on site
- Outdoor tennis courts -
- Snack bar/deli
- Free self parking
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges -
- Luggage storage
- Beach cabanas (surcharge)
- Pool cabanas (surcharge)
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Air conditioning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Designer toiletries
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium TV channels
- Microwave (on request)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Number of bathrooms -
DistanceDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Great 4-D Movie Ride - 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
Waikoloa Beach Golf Course - 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
Waikoloa Kings Golf Course - 6.3 km / 3.9 mi
Kings Shops - 8.3 km / 5.2 mi
Genesis Gallery - 8.4 km / 5.2 mi
Seaside Putting Course - 9 km / 5.6 mi
Anaehoomalu Beach - 9.1 km / 5.6 mi
Dolphin Quest - 9.3 km / 5.8 mi
Waialea Beach - 10.1 km / 6.3 mi
Hapuna Beach State Park - 11.4 km / 7.1 mi
Mauna Kea Resort Golf Course - 13.1 km / 8.2 mi
Mauna Kea Beach - 13.7 km / 8.5 mi
Pu'ukohola Heiau National Historic Site - 15 km / 9.3 mi
Spencer Beach Park - 15.4 km / 9.6 mi
Waikola Village Golf Club - 15.6 km / 9.7 mi
The nearest airports are:
Kamuela, HI (MUE-Waimea-Kohala) - 32.9 km / 20.4 mi
Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA-Kona Intl.) - 36.4 km / 22.6 mi
The preferred airport for Fairmont Orchid is Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA-Kona Intl.).