When you stay at Fairmont Orchid in Kamuela, you'll be in the historical district, within a 15-minute drive of Waialea Beach and Waikoloa Beach Golf Course. This 4.5-star resort is 7.7 mi (12.3 km) from Hapuna Beach State Park and 9.5 mi (15.4 km) from Pu'ukohola Heiau National Historic Site.
Make yourself at home in one of the 540 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Rooms have private lanais. Cable programming and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can get some exercise with a round of golf or enjoy a lazy day at the private beach. This resort also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and an arcade/game room.
Enjoy international cuisine at Hale Kai Restaurant, one of the resort's 4 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/cafe. Relax with a refreshing drink at the bar/lounge, the beach bar, or one of 2 bars/lounges. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 600 AM to 1030 AM for a fee.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a business center, and limo/town car service. Free self parking is available onsite.
This resort's spectacular scenery, including gorgeous waterfalls and sweeping oceanfront views, provides an unforgettable backdrop to any special event. A sense of magic and romance surrounds you as you enjoy the sunsets, experience luxury service, and explore this breathtaking island paradise.
Sample Wedding Package
- Turtle Pointe - Along the peppered shoreline of black and white coral, this breathtaking setting boasts panoramic site of the ocean, resort and summits of the Kohala Mountains, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa.
- Coconut Grove - Host your Hawaii beach wedding in a sandy coconut grove with towering palms overhead. Adjacent to the ancient Keanapou fish pond, this site also features swaying palms and glowing tiki torches.
- Kilohana Room & Garden - Offering sweeping sunset views of the Kona resort, this indoor/outdoor function space is the ideal location for your reception at The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii. Shuttered doors open to a private lanai and grassy area surrounded by tiki torches, perfect for cocktails before moving inside to your wedding dinner. With a built-in wooden dance floor and seating for up to 80, this beautiful room is located just steps from the lobby.
- Plantation Estates - Stately palms enclose this rectangular lawn area with a view of the 9th and 10th fairways of the Francis H. I'i Brown north golf course and the ocean beyond. A raised natural stage is perfect for the head table or band. This wedding site offers privacy yet is just a short walk to the lobby area and adjacent to the Tennis Pavilion.
- The Courtyard Lanai - On the garden level beneath the Lobby, this courtyard features sculpted tile and railings and overlooks an open lawn as well as the hotel's 10,000 square-foot pool and the ocean beyond.
- Wailana Gardens - An intimate, serene setting next to flowing waterfalls, lush gardens and mature palm trees. Offering spacious room for a buffet and tables near the South Tower.
- Outdoor pool
- Hair salon
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms -
- Number of floors -
- Conference space
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Spa tub
- Arcade/game room
- Coffee shop or caf?
- Health club
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Picnic area
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Limo or Town Car service available
- On private beach
- Full-service spa
- Meeting rooms
- Steam room
- Wedding services
- Express check-in
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Number of restaurants -
- Golf course on site
- Tennis on site
- Outdoor tennis courts -
- Snack bar/deli
- Free self parking
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges -
- Luggage storage
- Beach cabanas (surcharge)
- Pool cabanas (surcharge)
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Air conditioning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Designer toiletries
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium TV channels
- Microwave (on request)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Number of bathrooms -
DistanceDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Great 4-D Movie Ride - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Waikoloa Beach Golf Course - 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
Waikoloa Kings Golf Course - 6.7 km / 4.2 mi
Kings Shops - 8.7 km / 5.4 mi
Genesis Gallery - 8.7 km / 5.4 mi
Waikoloa Beach - 9 km / 5.6 mi
Anaehoomalu Beach - 9.5 km / 5.9 mi
Waialea Beach - 10.1 km / 6.3 mi
Dolphin Quest - 10.2 km / 6.3 mi
Hapuna Beach State Park - 12.3 km / 7.7 mi
Puako Beach - 13.4 km / 8.3 mi
Mauna Kea Resort Golf Course - 13.6 km / 8.4 mi
Mauna Kea Beach - 14.1 km / 8.8 mi
Pu'ukohola Heiau National Historic Site - 15.4 km / 9.5 mi
Spencer Beach Park - 15.8 km / 9.8 mi
The nearest airports are:
Kamuela, HI (MUE-Waimea-Kohala) - 33.4 km / 20.8 mi
Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA-Kona Intl.) - 36.8 km / 22.9 mi
The preferred airport for Fairmont Orchid is Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA-Kona Intl.).